I’m just starting out in welding and I’m on the hunt for a good helmet that won’t break the bank. I’ve heard mixed reviews on some of the cheaper brands. What are your recommendations for a solid beginner helmet? Any tips on features to look for would be super helpful.
You might want to check out the Lincoln Electric Viking 3350; it’s pretty popular among beginners without being too pricey. Just remember, a helmet’s like a good friend on a welding job: it should protect you while letting you see the good stuff! Any idea on what kind of welding you’ll be doing?
The Lincoln Electric Viking 3350 is definitely a solid choice, but make sure to check if it has a good auto-darkening feature… It’s kind of like finding a good pair of sunglasses — you want the right shade without breaking the bank! Have you thought about how much weight you’re willing to wear on your head?